Palm Beach, FL– In order to achieve high visibility, Internet traffic and top placement in Google, Yahoo and Bing’s search results, attorneys employ many different attorney search marketing tactics to reach their desired Internet marketing results. In many cases, search engine optimization (SEO) and pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns are used as two distinct attorney search marketing strategies. But, the lawyer Internet marketing experts at Cepac lawyer marketing, say SEO and PPC can create a robust and comprehensive attorney search marketing campaign when used together correctly.
In the world of lawyer Internet marketing it’s easy for law firms to get confused by industry jargon and the endless amount of Web marketing tactics available to attorneys. To best explain the difference between the two attorney search marketing tactics, they are defined as:
• SEO: Search engine optimization is used to improve the visibility of a website or a web page in search engines, like Google, Yahoo and Bing through natural or un-paid search results.
• PPC: Pay-per-click is used to direct traffic to websites, where advertisers pay the hosting service (Google, Yahoo or Bing) every time a consumer clicks a PPC ad. The cost of the search term is based on how competitive it is.
While SEO and PPC are two different marketing approaches, each with their own set of pros and cons, they both can work together and complement each other in the attorney search marketing arena, and this is how:
• Drive Website Traffic: People are searching the Web versus looking through the Yellow Pages for an attorney to represent them in their case. If your law firm utilizes SEO and PPC, your lawyer website can be positioned directly in front of your target audience on page 1 search results in multiple places on the page. Obtaining page 1 placement on Google, Yahoo and Bing, with the help of an experienced lawyer Internet marketing firm, can drive Internet traffic to your lawyer website—turning inquiries into cases.
• Generates Higher Web Visibility: Combining SEO and PPC marketing tactics helps to create more exposure on the Web. Generally, the first three spots on search engine results pages (SERP) are PPC ads, and by utilizing both PPC and SEO—which ranks for organic listings—your law firm can dominate the organic and inorganic top SERP ranking positions. This will boost your law firm’s visibility on the Web and increase traffic to your lawyer website.
• Boost Social Media Visibility: By incorporating PPC ads on social media sites like Facebook or Twitter, your law firm can create ads that target a very specific group of people. By doing this, your law firm can start to weed out the lesser performing keywords from the ones that are successful with your target audience. These keywords then can be used to help refine your SEO efforts, creating more of a success rate for your search marketing efforts.
But, law firms must remember that visibility of some information on social media sites—like Facebook—may only be available to account holders, because of its “closed network,” as reported in “Why Facebook and Social Media Can’t Replace Attorney Websites.” This means the PPC ads may only reach the social media’s users and may not be able to be found by the general public using search engines like Google.
About the author:
For over 20 years, attorney search marketing specialist Rene Perras has worked with law firms of all legal practices to create successful lawyer Internet marketing campaigns. For a free consultation and more information about lawyer marketing, please contact Rene Perras at 720-ONE-RENE or visit Cepac.com.