#NMSDC #Launches #50th #Anniversary #Steering #Committee
NEW YORK, Sept. 28, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) is excited to announce the launch of its 50th anniversary steering committee.
Since our beginnings 50 years ago, NMSDC has had an enormous impact with over $396 billion in annual economic activity driven through certified minority business enterprises (MBEs), 1.75 million U.S. jobs supported directly and indirectly by certified MBEs, and $122 billion in wages earned through MBE-supported jobs annually.
While this year is a great opportunity to reflect on and celebrate the strides made to increase the economic success of MBEs, we know it is not enough. It is vital we look forward and take the bold steps needed to further our mission and achieve our goal of closing the racial wealth gap once and for all.
That is why we are launching the NMSDC 50th anniversary steering committee, which will:
- Provide strategic thought leadership and vision to NMSDC in growing MBEs and driving racial economic equity for the next 50 years.
- Advocate and advise on solutions to reach $1 trillion in certified MBE annual revenue.
- Provide guidance on NMSDC’s 50th anniversary activities that include but are not limited to:
- Organizational transformation.
- Certification modernization.
- Technology leadership.
- Public policy.
- Programming and events.
- Champion efforts to tap into new resources and advance economic equity together.
This committee is comprised of visionary MBE giants and role models from every ethnic group NMSDC represents, who have proven success in growing and maintaining significant annual revenues, many in excess of $1 billion:
- Earvin “Magic” Johnson, founder of Magic Johnson Enterprises and SodexoMagic (co-chair)
- Dave Steward, founder and chairman of World Wide Technology (co-chair)
- Janice Bryant Howroyd, CEO and founder of the ActOne Group, AgileOne Solutions, and Apple One Staffing
- Catherine Hughes, chairperson of Urban1
- Firoz Lalji, chairman and CEO of Zones,…