#South #Korean #police #locate #relatives #children #dead #suitcases

A woman believed to be related to two children whose remains were found in suitcases in New Zealand is in South Korea, Seoul police told AFP on Monday.
Last week, New Zealand police said they had discovered the remains of two children, believed to be between five and 10 years old when they died, in suitcases.
The bodies were discovered after an unsuspecting family bought a trailerload of items – including the suitcases – at an abandoned goods auction.
New Zealand police said the bodies were likely stored for several years, complicating investigations into the crime.
Police said Monday that a woman of Korean descent believed to be related to the children is currently in South Korea.
“We confirm that she is in South Korea and is a New Zealand citizen of Korean descent,” an official with the Korean National Police Agency told AFP.
She came down south in 2018 and has had no record of leaving the country since that year, he added.
“New Zealand Police are leading this investigation and we intend to cooperate at their request,” the officer added.
Police have reviewed hours of CCTV footage, but key moments may have already been erased due to the delay between the victims’ deaths and the discovery of the bodies.
Both the storage unit and the property where the suitcases were taken were thoroughly examined by forensic experts.
Authorities in New Zealand confirmed last week that the family who found the bodies had nothing to do with the murder.
They are receiving support to deal with the trauma, the country’s Detective Inspector Tofilau Faamanuia Vaaelua said at the time.
Social Tags:
#South #Korean #police #locate #relatives #children #dead #suitcases































