Dallas, 07/14/2016 /SubmitPressRelease123/
Summer is a time for boating with your favorite companion. But, that must come with the added responisibility of pet safety.
Bron Beal, executive director of The United Boat Dealers of North Texas, presenter of the 2016 DFW Summer Boat Expo, says, “The boating lifestyle is great for the whole family, especially some of the four-legged ones. There are many things to consider before and during a boat trip that can ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all.”
Tips for boat safety with dogs:
- Be prepared and develop a plan in case your dog unexpectedly goes overboard. Each person on the boat should know the plan and their role in it.
- Invest in a life jacket. It’s important for your dog to have a life jacket before you take him out onto the water. You may think your dog is a strong swimmer, but depending on the conditions, including weather and currents, he could face problems. Also, give your dog the chance to practice swimming in the life jacket before going out in the water.
- Make sure you have a stocked first aid kit on your boat. The Humane Society of The United States recommends a number of pet-specific supplies and useful items to include. (here)
- Visit the boat and let your dog get acquainted with it before taking him out on the water.
- Keep your dog’s first outing short so he can adjust to the ship’s movement.
- Keep your dog hydrated. If you’re going to be out boating in the sun all day, be aware that your dog may be in danger of overheating.
- Don’t skip sun protection and paw protection. Be aware that boat surfaces tend to become very hot in the sun. Know which areas will heat up, and protect your dog’s feet. Just as you would at home, provide a shaded area on the boat.
- Pay attention. Always knowing your dog’s location and condition will help you be aware if he is in any danger.
For more information about boating in North Texas, visit the 2016 DFW Summer Boat Expo featuring more than 450 boat and watercraft models from over 20 North Texas boat dealers.
Visit the expo at Dallas Market Hall, 2200 Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, Texas 75207. Parking is free. Dates and hours are:
Thursday, July 21, 3-8 p.m. (Free admission)
Friday, July 22, 3-8 p.m. (Free admission)
Saturday, July 23, 10 a.m-9 p.m.
Sunday, July 24, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tickets for the show are only available at the door:
$12 Adults, $6 Children (ages 5-13), Free (Children under 5)
Boating Brands Represented:
Bennington, Regal, Yamaha, South Bay, Four Winns, Triton, Glastron, Blue Wave, Berkshire Pontoons, Xpress Boats, Sea Hunt, Xcursion, Cobalt Boats, Starcraft, Supra, Moomba, Chaparral, Cruisers Yachts, G3 Boats, Southwind, Skeeter, Nautic Star, Rinker, Hurricane, Sweetwater/Godfrey, Aqua Patio, San Pan, Polar Craft, Malibu, Axis, Correct Craft/Nautique, Legend Boats, Sportsman, Sun Chaser, Avalon, Caravelle, Hurricane, Epic, Clearwater, Veranda, Supreme, Sylvan, Monterey, Crest, Sea Fox, Sea Ray, Boston Whaler, Harris Flote Bote, Bayliner, Meridian, Grady White and more.
About The United Boat Dealers of North Texas:
The United Boat Dealers of North Texas produces boat shows to support the boating and marine industry in the greater North Texas area; bring together people with a common interest in boating; promote, further and encourage boating through education and outreach programs; and provide exhibitors with a fair and equal opportunity to conduct business with the general public.
Passes for media and interviews are available for any of the dates of the DFW Boat Expo.
Social Media Tags:Dallas Boat Show, pet safety, DFW Summer Boat Expo, Market Hall, Boating, North Texas Lakes
Newsroom powered by Online Press Release Distribution – SubmitMyPressRelease.com
Like Us on Facebook