08/13/2012 (press release: colejustins) // Tucson, Arizona, US // Cool Breeze Air Solutions
With the month of August continuing to bring triple digit heat here in Tucson, there’s no question – your ac unit has been working hard to keep your building cool this summer. Below are a few tips to help you make sure your air conditioning unit continues to work to its full potential.
1. This is a great time to get your HVAC system tuned for the remaining warm months here in Tucson. Just like a new vehicle needing maintenance after so many miles, your air conditioners’ performance will decline without regular maintenance.
2. It’s also very important to check your system’s filters periodically. With the usage required to keep your building cool, filters tend to get dirty within a couple months. Depending on the type of filter you have, you may only need to wash them. Otherwise you may have to replace it if you have the 3 month or 6 month rated filters.
3. If you haven’t already, consider installing a programmable thermostat. This will automate your system’s schedule for office cooling during the day. Instead of paying for air conditioning all day, you can program your system to start an hour before the office opens and run at your preferred settings only while the space is occupied. An energy star qualified programmable thermostat can save your office hundreds a year by avoiding unnecessary heating and cooling.
4. Just like your home, plugging air leaks with weather stripping and caulking throughout your office building, or space, is a necessary task to assure you that your air conditioning system is performing no more than it should. Interior blinds will also help prevent the summer heat from warming your office space. Planting vegetation around exterior windows can also keep the heat from entering.
5. Utilize fans. Not only do fans help circulate air to maintain comfortable temperatures, they also help you save on office cooling. Fans can help you raise the degree setting on your thermostat up a few degrees without feeling much of a difference. Each degree raised can save you 3% on cooling costs.
Cool Breeze Air Solution
5141 N. Casa Grande Highway,
Tucson, AZ 85743
Social Media Tags:air conditioning, heating and cooling
Newsroom powered by Online Press Release Distribution – SubmitMyPressRelease.com