Fantasy Baseball Dugout is pleased to announce its 21 finalists for the 5th Annual Baseball’s Hottest Wives contest.
The wildly successful Baseball’s Hottest Wives competition has received over 70,000 votes per year and has gained national coverage on major media outlets such as ESPN Radio and Philly.com.
“We write a lot of in-depth articles and give fantasy baseball rankings,” said BallparkBob Bentz, publisher of Fantasy Baseball Dugout, “but every year, our most popular segment, by far, has been our Baseball’s Hottest Wives. There is a real interest among both male and female baseball fans as to whether a player is married and what his wife looks like.”
Since 2008, Fantasy Baseball Dugout has been scouring the internet for pictures of hot wives of professional baseball players. Girlfriends don’t count and if the couple gets divorced, the hot ex-wife is no longer eligible.
That is precisely what happened to 2010 winner Saeko Darvish who was divorced in the past year from Texas Rangers’ ace Yu Darvish. But, returning winners do include 2011 champion Diana Roberts, wife of Baltimore Orioles second baseman Brian Roberts. And, the 2008 and 2009 winner Heidi Miller DeRosa, wife of Washington Nationals’ utility man Mark DeRosa, is also back in the competition.
Baseball wives are nominated throughout the year and then finalists are selected based on how many hits the corresponding pages get. So, the preliminary round actually goes on all year.
“Many of our readers suggest wives to us, but clearly the wives that are into modeling or are famous have more sexy pictures on the web,” added Bentz. “We’d love to have more girl next door types, but if they don’t have pictures on the site, it’s difficult for us to add them. Maybe, we should have a second contest for the less famous women.”
In addition to being beautiful, there’s an enormous amount of talent among this year’s 21 finalists. Many of the women are models with four of the finalists being featured in Playboy. Three are ex-Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders and two were Survivor contestants. The Phillies have the most hot wives finalists with 4 followed by the Red Sox with 3.
Here are the 21 finalists for the 2012 5th Annual Baseball’s Hottest Wives contest.
• Diana Chiafair Roberts (Brian Roberts, Orioles) – Model Diana Chiafair Roberts was the 2011 winner in a close contest against Minka Kelly, who was engaged to serial dater Derek Jeter at the time. Roberts won thanks to a sexy one piece black bathing suit picture. She was formerly Miss FHM and was a virgin until she got married.
• Heidi Miller DeRosa (Mark DeRosa, Nationals) — Model Heidi DeRosa was our 2008 and 2009 champion. In 2009, a St. Louis radio station pushed Heidi over the top with some strong promotion for her cause.
• Missy Coles (Michael Scwimer, Phillies) – This girl is really in great shape. Missy participates in world fitness competitions for appropriately named Team Bombshell. She finished 8th at the World Bikini competition in 2011.
• Dallas Latos (Mat Latos, Reds) – Dallas Latos is a dancer and model from San Diego who has competed in pageants since age 6. She also stands firmly behind her man. Just criticize Mat on Twitter and you’ll suffer her wrath.
• Aura Avila (Ronny Cedeno, Mets) — Aura Avila is a muy caliente Venezuelan model . Aura has been a pitch girl for numerous products including Pilsen beer. Gotta’ like that.
• Brooke Sorenson (Laynce Nix, Phillies) — Brooke Sorensen isn’t just another member of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, she was making the team for 5 consecutive seasons.
• Amanda McCarthy (Brandon McCarthy, Athletics) – Model Amanda McCarthy was the cover girl on ESPN, The Magazine, earlier this year.
• Amber Seyer (Barry Zito, Giants) – The blonde haired, blue-eyed Amber Seyer, is just the kind of girl you’d expect a pitcher with a $126 million contract would get. Amber was Miss Missouri and her Power-Ade commercial aired during the 2009 Super Bowl.
• Lauren Anderson (Reid Brignac, Rays) – Lauren Anderson was Playboy’s Playmate of the Month in its July, 2002 issue. She’s an active member of PETA.
• Karina Smirnoff (Brad Penny, Giants) – Karina Smirnoff is best known as one of the professional dancing partners on Dancing with the Stars. Karina appeared nude in Playboy’s May, 2011 issue.
• Jamie Kotsay (Mark, Padres) – Although she has never won, model Jamie Kotsay has been nominated as a finalist in all 5 Baseball’s Hottest Wives competitions.
• Emily Kuchar (Zack Greinke, Angels) – Emily Kuchar is a former Miss Daytona Beach and another Dallas Cowboys cheerleader. She and Zack grew up in Apopka, Florida together.
• Lisa Dergan (Scott Podsednik, Red Sox) – Lisa Dergan is another member of the 5 year club for Baseball’s Hottest Wives. Lisa was Playboy’s Playmate of the Month in July, 1998 and has done some sportscasting. In 2010, she was leading the competition on the next to last day, until Japanese readers stuffed the ballot box to give the nod to Saeko Darvish.
• Joanna Garcia (Nick Swisher, Yankees) – The auburn-haired beauty Joanna Garcia played Reba McIntyre’s daughter on the ABC television show Reba.
• Lindsay Clubine (Clay Bucholz, Red Sox) – Lindsay Clubine hosted the show Get Out which took you to exotic locations. Lindsay was also a briefcase model on Deal or No Deal. No surprise that Lindsay was a softball pitcher in high school.
• Stephenie LaGrossa (Kyle Kendrick, Phillies) – Stephenie LaGrossa was a three time contestant on Survivor and now owns a restaurant in Philadelphia. She played lacrosse at Temple and Monmouth.
• Heidi Strobel Hamels (Cole Hamels, Phillies) – Heidi Strobel is another Phillies wife who was on Survivor. Heidi appeared on the cover of Playboy in August, 2003. Last we checked, she was deciding what to do with husband Cole’s $144 million contract.
• Amber Sabathia (C.C. Sabathia, Yankees) – Amber is the only baseball wife to ever enjoy a larger contract than Heidi Hamels. She’s a mom of 4 and the executive director of the PitCCh In Foundation.
• Ann Lux (Will Middlebrooks, Red Sox) – Ann is another ex-DCC who will be marrying Will Middlebrooks who unseated popular Kevin Youkilis at third base for the Red Sox.
• Maki Ofuji ( Kenji Johjima, Hanshin Tigers) — Maki is a model and has been “harmoniously married” to the only Japanese born player ever to play the catcher position in MLB.
• Satoda Mai (Tanaka Masahiro, Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles) – Satoda Mai is a pop singer in Japan and is a regular on several popular Japanese game shows.
You can vote for your favorite hot wife and see pictures and a video of the Baseball’s Hottest Wives finalists at Fantasy Baseball Dugout (http://www.fantasybaseballdugout.com/hot-wives-baseball/baseball-hot-wives-2012-vote/ ).
Fantasy Baseball Dugout is a fantasy baseball site that gives tips and advice on how to win your fantasy baseball league. Its popular Baseball’s Hottest Wives contest has been crowning the hottest wife in professional baseball since 2008.
Social Media Tags:fantasy, baseball, fantasy baseball, hot, wives, wife, wives, wags, milfs, heidi miller derosa, fantasy baseball rankings, minneapolis star tribune, professional baseball player, professional baseball players, yu darvish, baseball dugout, dugout baseball, philadelphia inquirer, espn radio, texas rangers, houston chronicle, second baseman, international publicity, washington nationals, diana roberts, baltimore orioles, mark derosa, san francisco chronicle, cleveland plain dealer,
Newsroom powered by Online Press Release Distribution – SubmitMyPressRelease.com