11/02/2011 // Arvada, CO, United States // michelle2020 // Elisabeth Monaghan
The Arvada Sunrise Rotary Club (ASRC), which is part of the world’s largest philanthropic foundations, will wrap up 2011 with donations surpassing $64,000. Consisting of about 40 members, ranging from ages 38- to 80-years old, the Arvada Sunrise Rotarians have partnered with non-profits since 1991 to ensure under-privileged families and organizations serving them have the supplies to meet their basic needs.
“Ours are some of the most committed volunteers I’ve had an opportunity to work with,” said Arvada Sunrise Rotary President Susan Hanford. “Each person, regardless of how long they’ve been a member, brings great project ideas, which service our community, and every one of our members jumps in to help execute these ideas. It is amazing to see how much our club accomplishes over the course of one year.”
The Sunrise Rotary recently held its annual “Food & Wine Caper,” the organization’s premier event to raise money for local and international programs. These programs include:
• The Backpack Project (with the Arvada Food Bank), which provides weekend meals for needy children attending Arvada elementary schools
• Speak Up! The second annual “Four Way Test” ethics scholarship challenge benefitting Arvada high schools
• Crutches 4 Africa, an ongoing program to help Africans, who otherwise would lack mobility
• Road to Hope, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping children of Haiti, many of which are orphans
• The Oldonyonyoke water project, which supplies water to a regional hospital in and focuses on providing a better life for the people of Kenya
The Arvada Sunrise Rotary also is participating in the Global Polio Eradication Initiative, which is spearheaded by Rotary International, the World Health Organization, the CDC and UNICEF.
ABOUT ARVADA SUNRISE ROTARY CLUB
The Arvada Sunrise Rotary Club is celebrating 20 years of humanitarian service this year. Working on an average of 20 local and international projects each year, the organization was founded in 1991 as a charter of Rotary International. The 40-member club brings together community and business leaders with one common goal: to foster goodwill and peace through its works, and live the Rotary motto of “Service Above Self.” For more information, please visit www.arvadasunriserotary.org.
Social Media Tags:Community Organization, Donations, Non-Profit, Community Service, Volunteerism, Rotary, Rotary Club, sunrise rotary club, volunteer efforts, international communities, local organization,
Newsroom powered by Online Press Release Distrubution – SubmitMyPressRelease.com