WARNING: Spam e-mails are not only annoying and time consuming, but they’re also becoming more dangerous to your personal privacy and the security of your computer. Millions of computer users are getting infected, spoofed, and burned by spam e-mails every year, forcing the user to pay hefty fees to clean and restore their PCs back to working order.
There are 3 NEW dangers that all computer users must be aware of:
1. An increase in hijacked and spoofed e-mail addresses. Spammers have discovered new ways to make it appear as though their spam e-mail is coming from YOUR computer. This could result in having your Internet connection terminated or put on hold by your ISP — all without your knowledge.
2. An increase in viruses carrying spam. Accidentally open a spam e-mail carrying a nasty virus and you can end up with big problems ranging from the slowing of your system to more serious threats such as system crashes, data loss, identity theft, redirecting your web browser to porn sites, and more.
3. Phishing spam. A phishing e-mail appears to be a legitimate e-mail from a bank, vendor, friend, or other trusted source when in reality, it is a malicious third party that is going to use your information to open credit card accounts, access your account, steal money, and cause you other major identity and financial problems. Phishing e-mails are getting incredibly smart and convincing, and thousands have already fallen victim.
What Should You Do To Protect Yourself?
Call Cartish and we’ll schedule a SECURITY AUDIT of your network that will:
• Check your firewall and network security
• Check for critical updates and patches
• Check your anti-virus software
• Scan for hidden spyware programs
• Check for system errors, conflicts, or other problems
• Verify your system backups
If your network is free and clear of virus threats, you’ll sleep easier at night! If we discover a security loophole, we’ll explain your options for getting it fixed ASAP.
Cartish Technologies is an innovative technology company focused on providing hardware and software support for small and medium-sized businesses. We have partnered with leaders in the industry to aide us in delivering these solutions. Our goal as a Managed Service Provider is to provide you with customized solutions while building a strong, long-term relationship. This relationship is based upon quality work, excellent customer service and our ability to help you implement the right solutions and architecture in a productive and efficient manner within your organization.
As a full service information technology consulting organization, we focus on providing technology-based solutions that will help customers navigate through today’s information technology issues and plan for future needs.