06/24/2010 // West Palm Beach, FL, USA // Tara Monks // Tara Monks
Stratham, NH – A 56-year-old woman from Stratham died from injuries sustained in a three-alarm fire that erupted inside her townhome Wednesday, June 23, 2010, as reported by www.wmur.com. Officials reported Lori Breard was a well-known real estate agent in the area.
Just before 2:30 a.m., firefighters responded to a 911 call from the Breard. Officials believe she made the call from inside her home after she heard the explosion.
Fire Chief Stan Walker explained, “From what I understand, she went down to the cellar to check on the water heater or something to that effect, and the explosion occurred and she was burnt at that time.”
Firefighters fought the blaze for several hours before they were able to bring it to an end.
Investigators determined the explosion came before the fire. They indicated a propane leak as the source, but did not have a clear answer as to what ignited it.
Two neighbors pulled Breard from the home. They reportedly administered some first aid before she was transported to the hospital in Boston.
Approximately 75-100 firefighters fought to keep the fire from spreading. Their efforts were short lived, as the blaze reached the adjoining townhome. Both homes were destroyed.
Another neighboring townhouse sustained only minor damage, according to the homeowner. He reported, “There’s just some damage on the side wall… Everything’s OK. We didn’t lose anything.”
The heat from the fire melted the siding of at least two nearby homes as well.
Address: Stratham, New Hampshire
Phone: (866) 598-1315