Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?


Employees and Employers Should Properly Amend Employment Agreements

/ 06/13/2010

An employer and a key employee may negotiate an employment agreement at the outset of their employment relationship.  But sometimes the deal that the two parties initially negotiate ceases to be the deal the parties later desire.   

When both parties want to change the terms of their agreement, they may be tempted to do so by simply orally agreeing to a new deal and then operating under the new terms.  Doing so can lead to problems, however, if a dispute later arises; proving the existence and content of the new terms could be difficult for both parties.  Therefore, in most situations, an employer and an employee should amend an employment agreement in a written document that is signed by both parties.  This amendment should state that the parties desire to amend their agreement and then set forth the amended terms.

Prior to amending an employment agreement, a party may wish to ask employment law counsel to review the proposed amendment to ensure that the party will not lose the protections and benefits contained in the original agreement without receiving proper consideration.  For assistance with drafting or amending an employment contract, please contact the Dallas employment lawyers of Clouse Dunn Khoshbin LLP at [email protected].

Press Release Contact Information:


Clouse Dunn
Khoshbin LLP

214.220.3833 ( fax)
[email protected]

You May Also Like

Health News

The cosmetic and facial plastic surgery practice is hosting a grand opening celebration and ribbon cutting for its new Chattanooga state-of-the-art location.

Current News

“NEXT by TRT World Forum” Brought Together Globally Known Young Professionals

Current News

J & D Oriental Rug Co. sells antique and vintage carpets and rugs sourced from different regions with an inventory of over 6000 unique...

Business and Tech

Big brands are rushing into the metaverse, but the path to profit is still unclear and mass adoption could be years away, one of...