06/07/2010 // West Palm Beach, FL, USA // Tara Monks // Tara Monks
Columbia, MD – A mother and her adult son were found dead in their Columbia home at approximately 9 p.m., Friday, June 4, 2010, as reported by WJZ.com. Police have revealed that suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning is suspected.
Tracey Denise Hawks, 46, and her 18-year-old son, Christopher Melton, who was mentally impaired, were the victims of the poisoning.
The pair were found in the master bedroom of their home on the 10400 block of Fair Oaks by family members who came to check on their welfare.
Upon investigation, police found a portable generator in the “on” position, but without gas, in the dining room.
Police also reported that through preliminary investigation they found that Hawks had recently talked about thoughts of suicide.
There were no signs of forced entry into the house.
The investigation continues.
Phone: (866) 598-1315