Dallas, TX (Press Release)—With summer steadily approaching, kids are outside and ready to jump into their pools to cool off from the heat, prompting the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) to kick off their Pool Safely Campaign. Dallas, Texas personal injury attorney, Amy K. Witherite reminds parents that simple safety precautions can potentially save your child’s life.
The CPSC reported that from 2005-2007 there was an annual average of 385 pool and spa-related drownings for children younger that 15-years-old; 299 of these children were under 5-years-old. Seventy-four percent of all deaths from 2005-2007 occurred at residences involving children younger then 15-years-old.
To help keep your children from becoming another statistic, there are some simple safety precautions parents can take:
• Install a four-sided barrier, like a fence with self-closing gates that completely surrounds the pool.
• Install alarms on doors leading to the pool area to prevent children from wandering into the pool or spa.
• Install safety covers and perimeter or in-water alarms as additional layers of protection.
• Supervise children at all times around pools and spas.
• Teach your child how to swim.
• Learn basic water rescue skills, first aid and CPR.
• Keep a phone and rescue equipment nearby.
The Pool Safely campaign is an effort to reduce child drowning, submersions and entrapments, which account for numerous untimely deaths every year. Dallas’ leading personal injury attorney, Amy Witherite states, “taking these simple precautions can mean the difference between life or death, when the weather gets hot and the pristine pool becomes enticing to children. When safety is not a number one priority, tragedies can occur. Protect yourselves, protect your children and take precautions.”
Should you or someone who you love encounter a pool or spa tragedy because of someone else’s negligence or carelessness, a lawyer experienced in litigatiing personal injury accidents may help you recover the damages you deserve. Contacting Dallas, Texas personal injury attorney, Amy K. Witherite, who is knowledgeable in litigating pool accidents can help bring justice to you and your family.
Texas pool injury education by Dallas personal injury lawyer Amy K. Witherite.
3100 Monticello, Suite 500, Dallas, Texas 75205
Toll Free: (888) 407-6669