Most people enjoy entertaining at home. And Spring is a great time to create a welcoming and relaxed environment filled with delicious food and fun, friendly conversation.
With Spring in the air, there is no better time than now to collect ideas and prepare for memorable outdoor gatherings. With just a few creative, out-of-the-box, and best of all not time consuming ideas, entertaining can be once again about dining with friends and family and not about spending all day preparing.
Here are some wonderful, hostess-friendly ideas to get started entertaining:
1. A rich lace tablecloth (http://www.pioneerlinens.com/alenconlace) paired with sparkling glass dishes adds a feeling of luxury and elegance to an outdoor setting.
2. By adding a simple solid color table runner, such as the Festival table runner by SFERRA, it helps to frame the delicious food and colorful centerpieces that line the table.
3. A flirty cutwork tablecloth (http://www.pioneerlinens.com/richelieutable) placed on top a solid color one is a wonderful way to layer your table.
4. For easy clean-up, choose a no-iron, wrinkle-free tablecloth, such as the Savannah Gardens table linens collection by Matouk (http://www.pioneerlinens.com/easycaretablecloth).
Playful Placemats and Chargers
1. Think outside of the box and use cotton print napkins, such as the Picnic-themed napkins by hen House (http://www.pioneerlinens.com/HenHousePicnicNapkins), as placemats under solid color plates.
2. Use wicker chargers (http://www.pioneerlinens.com/wicker-placemat) to evoke an earthy and natural feeling.
1. Mix and match different styles of luxury napkins, such as using floral prints with striped or solid colored napkins. This will allow each place setting to be unique in its own way.
2. Double up napkins and pair a print with a solid color napkin for versatility. While one napkin can remain on the guest’s lap, the other can be used to wipe away food.
Unique Napkin Rings
1. Use a different type of silk flower napkin ring for each place setting to create a colorful garden on the table.
2. Wrap crisp 100% linen napkins in burlap and freesia flowers, or another favorite colorful flower, to create a refreshing and delicate touch to the table.
3. Some napkin rings, such as the Flower Vase Napkin Ring Set, allows a place for a fresh cut flower or place setting card to sit.
Creative Centerpieces and Accessories
1. Line the table with 2 or 3 cake pedestals topped with fresh flowers from the garden to add dimension and height to the table.
2. To ward off the Spring chill in the evening, adorn each chair with a different color throw blanket. They make perfect gifts for guests to take home.
3. Animal and nature shaped salt and pepper shakers (http://www.pioneerlinens.com/salt-and-pepper-shakers) are fun and practical additions to an outdoor tablescape that will sure to have guests talking.
4. For late evening gatherings, beautiful candlestick holders, such as the Asparagus-shaped collection (http://www.pioneerlinens.com/vagabond-house-asparagus-candlestick-holder), add to the ambiance of the occasion.
The more personal the entertaining experience is, the more memorable it will be for guests. Remember to always be creative and keep it simple. Let loved ones leave with not just a full belly, but an experience that will last a lifetime.
About Pioneer Linens:
Since 1912, Pioneer Linens has remained the premier luxury bedding retailer in West Palm Beach, Florida, selling fine linens, table linens, bath accessories and home decor for the bedroom, bathroom, dining, yacht or jet.
For more entertaining tips and decorating ideas, visit www.PioneerLinens.com, or call 1.800.207.LINENS.